Monday, August 6, 2012

Pros And Cons Of Being A physician Assistant

I received an e-mail through Squidoo from a visitor to my lens on that site. He was wondering about Pas and the pros and cons of being a Pa. I sent him a brief reply and decided to write this article.
I have enjoyed being a Pa and find these items to be the Pros. When I went to Pa school no degree was required to get in. It was a two year program and if you qualified, you were also awarded a bachelors. I have made a good living and had a great opportunity with a two year education. The pay over the years went from so-so to excellent-Acceptance and comprehension of the profession is very good and has made being a Pa very pleasant The working conditions are great and you get to work with the best and the brightest most of the time The work is interesting everyday, although some of it is routine, the accountability never is I get thanked for what I do much more than 10% of the time (remember the story of the 10 leper) I am delegated as much accountability as I can accept. I have worked in the clinical end of rehabilitation my whole career. There is a great deal of flexibility in what a Pa can do. It is commonly not hard to find a place to work if you choose to relocate. Even in Great Britain, American Pas are sought after. Cons:-I have to get at least 50 hours of chronic medical study (Cme) a year. You can get high quality or junk. It takes time and money to get high quality Cme if you stay in rural areas like I have much of my career. The internet has improved your options. You will never be independent. A Pa by definition is a dependent practitioner. Even if you "own the business" an Md will always have to over see your clinical duties. It does not always have to be over-the-shoulder but it has to comply with your state laws and regulations. You need skills as good as any clinician but will always be paid less than an Md in most cases no matter how good you are. (That does not bother me now but it used to.) You have to take and pass a certifying exam every 6 years. That may turn but for my whole work it has been the standard. I have passed it 5 times now. It is an expensive inconvenience.

What I said. It is not outcome that the true about Maryland Nursing Schools. You look at this article for info on a person wish to know is Maryland Nursing Schools.

How is Pros And Cons Of Being A physician Assistant

We had a good read. For the benefit of yourself. Be sure to read to the end. I want you to get good knowledge from Maryland Nursing Schools. I hope you will get new knowledge about Maryland Nursing Schools. Where you'll be able to put to use within your daily life. And most of all, your reaction is Maryland Nursing Schools.Read more.. dig this Pros And Cons Of Being A physician Assistant. View Related articles associated with Maryland Nursing Schools. I Roll below. I even have suggested my friends to assist share the Facebook Twitter Like Tweet. Can you share Pros And Cons Of Being A physician Assistant.



No comments:

Post a Comment